- Two sets of servers
- One set goes to UChicago
- One set goes to GRACC
- Custom written collector (Ilya)
- Derek: Look at the existing container for details
- Ilya or Marian Babik would have details
- Can it be converted to LogStash?
perfSonar RSV components (Edgar)
- One probe that fetches the content of the JSON which has one line
- Each entry is a mesh
- Goes through each mesh finding which host is registered
- For each host, there’s a probe which visits periodically and pushes contents to MQ
- If there’s a probe with no meshes, it’s disabled
- One probe which talks to each host and gets new info (since last run)
- On GitHub at opensciencegrid/rsv-perfsonar
- Runs in a Python 2.7 environment
- Parent class
- Posts data to RabbitMQ
- Input to uploader is configuration path:
- Reads from
- uploader/activemquploader.py and uploader/esmonduploader.py are legacy
- Authentication to hosts is sometimes required: HTTPS with client certs
- Derek: Does FNAL maintain a list of trusted client certs?
Edgar: FNAL trusts any cert. Goal was SSL protection.
Migrate perfSonar RSV to systemd
- Derek: Will look at the RSV code and estimate the development effort
- Derek: How many probes?
Edgar: On the order of 200. One per perfSonar instance in the wild.
- Brian: Are they written like python modules or scripts?
Edgar: More like scripts and not very much code.
- Brian’s design #1: Python multiprocessing
- Implement internal scheduling
- Likely fewer issues than the systemd approach
- Brian’s design #2: Move this to a set of systemd-driven services
- Model after CVMFS Stratum-1 Replicator
- Templated services and timers
- Is there a limit to the number of simultaneous python processes?
- Too high of memory requirement?
- Repeated RabbitMQ authentications might be too expensive
pS to RabbitMQ discussion (cont’d)
- Client certificates (LetsEncrypt) auth appears to be a maybe
- UNL uses LetsEncrypt
- FNAL uses a
- TAMU uses a self-signed cert
- Derek: Can RabbitMQ trust client certs via wildcard?
- Weekly service performance reports via email
- Can use existing GRACC reporting mechanism?
- Reporting in addition to dashboards
- Explore authentication options for sending site data to RabbitMQ
- Need Shawn’s input
- LetsEncrypt client certificates?
- May still need to automate MQ config changes to add DNs
- Expanding web presence
- Shawn: Create github PR and Derek will review
- Logo, both text and graphical
- Pointers to existing OSG network docs
- Complete documentation for each service component
- How to send check_mk status info from Nebraska to OSG perfSonar ETF?