SAND update presentation review from Shawn
- Reporting data from pS nodes directly to message bus:
Tell each toolkit node to send it’s data not only to the local ESMond
as well as a RabbitMQ bus. The question is now to do it securely
- Option: Send the credentials to a host that asks for their own
mesh configuration. (Verify by matching source IP).
- perfSonar developers were hesitant:
Everything is stored in MongoDB. Never intended to store anything secure
- perfSonar dev suggestion: Create an RPM file in a password protected repo.
- Still have a similar problem: There’s a challenge to get users to update
- Will continue to discuss options and possibilities.
- Derek: Prefers user/password over firewall rules. Client certs are not
straightforward on the MQ side.
- John: How about a site-specific “JSON augmentation plugin”? The pS mesh
config generator calls user-defined code which returns
additional JSON to be merged into the generated config.
- Near-term plans and status: Alarming dashboards, route correlation, and
- Demonstrated the MWT2 Atlas Kibana site
perfSonar ETF site
- Shawn: RabbitMQ authentication. Will contact Andy, Mark, and Michael with the
possibility of augmenting the JSON stream bus as a plugin.
- Everyone: Review links at the end of the presentation and consider how the
data can be incorporated into SAND
- Derek: Will research tape replay and estimate the scope of the project
- Action item: Reactivate HTCondor TCP statistics
- The pipelines and the contents of the pipelines
- Nebraska will be responsible for the “plumbing” monitoring?
- MQ status
- Confirmation of flow with test messages
- Shawn has experience with monitoring the data quality
- John: Come up with Nagios probes list for infrastructure
- Derek: Spreadsheet of collectors reporting to central collector
- Derek: Will look at the RSV code and estimate the development effort
- Expanding web presence
- Shawn: Create github PR and Derek will review
- Logo, both text and graphical
- Pointers to existing OSG network docs
- Complete documentation for each service component
- How to send check_mk status info from Nebraska to OSG perfSonar ETF?