- Derek/John/MarianZ - Documentation for pS collectors administration
- Collectors running on host under UNL T2 puppet
- Hosts are maintained by Marian Z.
- Get documentation into OSG or SAND folders
- How to restart docker containers? Repo locations?
- Derek - RSV replacement
- Now need to test and compare results
- Shawn’s comments:
- Start testing by polling sites with capable hardware: USCMS or ATLAS
- Concerned about overloading pS instances on marginal hardware
- Validation tools don’t exist yet, done manually with Kibana queries
- Compare overlapping time ranges to confirm record counts match
- OK to remove SOCKS support (no longer needed, as VM hosts are now on LHCONE)
- Ilya and Nebraska - Meeting topics
- Improve UNL ElasticSearch monitoring, alert when data rate is less than expected
- Derek: Could data be transformed and inserted with Logstash, rather than directly with ElasticSearch?
- Shawn: Wants alerts when pS instance stops reporting
- Derek - Put together weekly summary email of Condor transfer data
- Brian - Research on how to include TCP flow statistics for XRootD
- Derek - Start email about acknowledgements for ps-collectors!
- The pipelines and the contents of the pipelines
- Will work with Ilya to monitor UNL ElasticSearch rates
- SAND monitoring draft
outlining Nagios probes for project services (both Nebraska and other sites), mostly based on architecture document
- Brian emphasized knowing the alert destinations (email addresses, etc.)
- Brian created alerts at sand-ci.org group for notifications
- Will follow up with Chicago and Michigan to fill in gaps
- Nebraska will be responsible for the “plumbing” monitoring?
- Confirmation of flow with test messages
- Shawn: RabbitMQ authentication
- Shawn discussed the possibility of a plugin functionality with the pS
developers, and they seemed open to the idea.
- Keeps them out of the business of storing credentials
- pS team agrees it’s a reasonable feature request
- Lead developer for this psconfig request is out of the office until second week in January
- Expanding web presence
- Shawn: Create github PR and Derek will review
- Logo, both text and graphical
- Pointers to existing OSG network docs
- Complete documentation for each service component in architecture document
- How to send check_mk status info from Nebraska to OSG perfSonar ETF?